Formation Design Group is looking for a talented Senior Industrial Designer to join our growing team. This position calls for an accomplished industrial designer capable of demonstrating proficiency throughout the design process, from research to conceptualization to detailed technical follow through. Candidates are expected to demonstrate project management capability, possess exceptional communication skills and have a strong personal commitment to creating truly innovative work.
The ideal individual for this opportunity is a motivated, conscientious, collaborative designer interested in a solid career opportunity with a dynamic group of creative professionals. Candidates should have experience planning and managing product development programs while interfacing with representatives from allied business functions including marketing, research, engineering and management. Candidates should have experience with all aspects of the typical Industrial Design process including; design research, open ended creative brainstorming and concept development, sketching and rapid idea visualization, creation of descriptive 2D visualizations, geometrically accurate 3D CAD Data and detailed physical mock-ups.
We’re interested in individuals capable of big picture thinking characterized by a generalist approach. By generalist we mean a well-rounded industrial designer interested in applying the design process to a broad range of challenging problems. Formation’s team is focused on developing innovative solutions for our diverse client base and practice areas. Historically, our work can be described as invention and innovation focused with an emphasis on technically challenging spatial, functional, configuration, usability and aesthetic problems. If you admire designers like Charles and Ray Eames, James Dyson or Bill Stumph and consider yourself an innovator with a high aptitude for and interest in industrial design please contact us.
Desired Skills + Experience
• At least 5 years of relevant industrial design or product development experience.
• The ability to conceptualize and develop design concepts based on client’s business requirements and defined parameters.
• Proficiency with common industrial design software and tools such as Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, In-Design, KeyShot and digital sketching.
• Previous experience with and the ability use 3D Solids CAD software such as Solid Works and Siemens NX to develop parametric concept models.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• The ability to identify and act on research, trend, consumer, market and merchandise opportunities to create successful concepts for Formation’s clients.
• An intuitive sensitivity to form, detail and color and the ability to develop concepts.
• The ability to present and explain design concepts and or research work directly to clients.
• Strong sketching and visualization skills.