As the name implies, film racing is a contest in which competitors are given an assigned theme and constraints that must be included in an original short film. Teams take films from script to completion in a dizzying 24 hours.
Serving as art director, Formation Designer Suzuko Hisata and her team scripted, staged, shot and edited a short film for the 2011 24 Hour Film Race. The film entitled “Running” is based on the assigned theme of identity theft. The film introduces a level of abstraction and cleverly turns the notion of identity theft on its head by creating a character without an identity. Running and other films can be viewed online.
Running was recognized as one of the standout films for 2011 and garnered a host of awards, including:
• Best Cinematography – Overall Awards 2011
• Best Direction – Atlanta 2011
• Best Actor – Atlanta 2011
• Best Actress – Atlanta 2011
• Best Cinematography – Atlanta 2011
• Best Editing – Atlanta 2011
• Best Sound Design – Atlanta 2011
• Best Set Design – Atlanta 2011
• Best Visual FX – Atlanta 2011
For more information on film racing, please visit www.filmracing.com